Nov 2, 2010, 12:29 PM EST
Levi Stahl and I had the exact same thought following Edgar Rentaria’s dinger:
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any player more clearly relieved to have been taken off the hook than Pat Burrell after that home run. He just looked flat-out overjoyed and grateful–it was like Renteria had won the game just for him. It made me smile.
Seriously. It’s been ages since anyone had as bad a World Series as Burrell did — he was 0 for 13 with 11 strikeouts — and because of that home run bailing him out and the Giants win, no one will remember it.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 10
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)