Nov 2, 2010, 12:29 PM EDT
Levi Stahl and I had the exact same thought following Edgar Rentaria’s dinger:
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any player more clearly relieved to have been taken off the hook than Pat Burrell after that home run. He just looked flat-out overjoyed and grateful–it was like Renteria had won the game just for him. It made me smile.
Seriously. It’s been ages since anyone had as bad a World Series as Burrell did — he was 0 for 13 with 11 strikeouts — and because of that home run bailing him out and the Giants win, no one will remember it.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 145
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (146)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)