Nov 2, 2010, 12:29 PM EST
Levi Stahl and I had the exact same thought following Edgar Rentaria’s dinger:
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen any player more clearly relieved to have been taken off the hook than Pat Burrell after that home run. He just looked flat-out overjoyed and grateful–it was like Renteria had won the game just for him. It made me smile.
Seriously. It’s been ages since anyone had as bad a World Series as Burrell did — he was 0 for 13 with 11 strikeouts — and because of that home run bailing him out and the Giants win, no one will remember it.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 5
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 10
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)