Nov 2, 2010, 10:28 AM EST
Just before the Giants won the game last night, FOX tried to put their championship in perspective. Specifically, they explained to viewers that the world was a very different place in 1954, the last time the Giants won the World Series. Here was the on-screen graphic they used:
It was a different world! Indeed, it was an alternate universe in which the St. Louis Cardinals — who, last I checked, played west of the Mississippi River — didn’t even exist!
Joe Buck grew up in St. Louis, so I can only guess that steam was coming out of his ears as he read that graphic.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (123)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)