Nov 2, 2010, 10:28 AM EST
Just before the Giants won the game last night, FOX tried to put their championship in perspective. Specifically, they explained to viewers that the world was a very different place in 1954, the last time the Giants won the World Series. Here was the on-screen graphic they used:
It was a different world! Indeed, it was an alternate universe in which the St. Louis Cardinals — who, last I checked, played west of the Mississippi River — didn’t even exist!
Joe Buck grew up in St. Louis, so I can only guess that steam was coming out of his ears as he read that graphic.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 14
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 41
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15