Nov 2, 2010, 10:28 AM EDT
Just before the Giants won the game last night, FOX tried to put their championship in perspective. Specifically, they explained to viewers that the world was a very different place in 1954, the last time the Giants won the World Series. Here was the on-screen graphic they used:
It was a different world! Indeed, it was an alternate universe in which the St. Louis Cardinals — who, last I checked, played west of the Mississippi River — didn’t even exist!
Joe Buck grew up in St. Louis, so I can only guess that steam was coming out of his ears as he read that graphic.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)