Nov 2, 2010, 9:28 AM EST
You knew this was coming. You just didn’t know who would be the ones who couldn’t help themselves. The first one I saw was Tom Boswell in the Washington Post:
If anyone finds other examples, please let us know in the comments. Given that media has become nationalized with the Internet I’m guessing we won’t have as many as we saw during Joe Montanta’s heyday — people will catch on to the headline’s hacktasticness by noon, I’d guess — but I’ll put the over/under at five.
UPDATE: Well, that’s certainly awkward . . .
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 41
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 48
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)