Nov 2, 2010, 9:28 AM EDT
You knew this was coming. You just didn’t know who would be the ones who couldn’t help themselves. The first one I saw was Tom Boswell in the Washington Post:
If anyone finds other examples, please let us know in the comments. Given that media has become nationalized with the Internet I’m guessing we won’t have as many as we saw during Joe Montanta’s heyday — people will catch on to the headline’s hacktasticness by noon, I’d guess — but I’ll put the over/under at five.
UPDATE: Well, that’s certainly awkward . . .
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)