Nov 2, 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
Lisa Fernandez of the Mercury News has a story about San Francisco Giants gear flying off the shelves:
Within minutes of the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series, the hawkers began their pitches. The Giants franchise e-mailed fans, offering championship gear ranging from snow globes to sweatshirts. Macy’s offered customers the chance to buy a commemorative crystal baseball for just $165. At the Target on Coleman Avenue in San Jose, clerks on Tuesday morning were fielding calls from early morning customers seeking Giants T-shirts (not in yet) and Giants party decorations (also on their way).
Ahh, nothing says “die hard” like frantically trying to buy team merchandise the day after they win the championship.
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22