Nov 2, 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
Lisa Fernandez of the Mercury News has a story about San Francisco Giants gear flying off the shelves:
Within minutes of the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series, the hawkers began their pitches. The Giants franchise e-mailed fans, offering championship gear ranging from snow globes to sweatshirts. Macy’s offered customers the chance to buy a commemorative crystal baseball for just $165. At the Target on Coleman Avenue in San Jose, clerks on Tuesday morning were fielding calls from early morning customers seeking Giants T-shirts (not in yet) and Giants party decorations (also on their way).
Ahh, nothing says “die hard” like frantically trying to buy team merchandise the day after they win the championship.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 0
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 108
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 2
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 26
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (112)