Nov 2, 2010, 5:01 PM EST
Lisa Fernandez of the Mercury News has a story about San Francisco Giants gear flying off the shelves:
Within minutes of the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series, the hawkers began their pitches. The Giants franchise e-mailed fans, offering championship gear ranging from snow globes to sweatshirts. Macy’s offered customers the chance to buy a commemorative crystal baseball for just $165. At the Target on Coleman Avenue in San Jose, clerks on Tuesday morning were fielding calls from early morning customers seeking Giants T-shirts (not in yet) and Giants party decorations (also on their way).
Ahh, nothing says “die hard” like frantically trying to buy team merchandise the day after they win the championship.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)