Nov 2, 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
Lisa Fernandez of the Mercury News has a story about San Francisco Giants gear flying off the shelves:
Within minutes of the San Francisco Giants winning the World Series, the hawkers began their pitches. The Giants franchise e-mailed fans, offering championship gear ranging from snow globes to sweatshirts. Macy’s offered customers the chance to buy a commemorative crystal baseball for just $165. At the Target on Coleman Avenue in San Jose, clerks on Tuesday morning were fielding calls from early morning customers seeking Giants T-shirts (not in yet) and Giants party decorations (also on their way).
Ahh, nothing says “die hard” like frantically trying to buy team merchandise the day after they win the championship.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69