Nov 2, 2010, 3:28 PM EST
“It means a lot because they signed me for two years, and I wasn’t able to do anything for them. They’ve always had my back. So I just wanted to do something for them because the GM, the manager, they supported me a lot and they waited for me to do something.”
– Edgar Renteria, being impossibly gracious following his World Series-winning blast last night.
That comes from a most-excellent story on Renteria by ESPN’s Amy K. Nelson. Be sure to read the part about the team meeting in Chicago towards the end of the regular season.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 28
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 58
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27