Nov 2, 2010, 3:28 PM EDT
“It means a lot because they signed me for two years, and I wasn’t able to do anything for them. They’ve always had my back. So I just wanted to do something for them because the GM, the manager, they supported me a lot and they waited for me to do something.”
– Edgar Renteria, being impossibly gracious following his World Series-winning blast last night.
That comes from a most-excellent story on Renteria by ESPN’s Amy K. Nelson. Be sure to read the part about the team meeting in Chicago towards the end of the regular season.
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 20
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 44
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 101
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 59