Nov 2, 2010, 8:22 AM EDT
Well, maybe “riot” is a bit strong — that’s a word that used to mean something — but there was certainly lots of numbskullery and minor property damage in San Francisco last night following the Giants victory. So much so that, as you can see in the video below, the, um, “numbskullery and minor property damage police” had to be called out to restore order. There are reports of flaming mattresses and cars being vandalized– what is this, a Buckeyes game? — and a couple of websites are reporting that there was gunfire, but I haven’t been able to find anything confirming that.
Anyway, according to Gawker, the unrest was so very San Francisco. In fact, people were checking in to the “#sfriot” via their smart phones on FourSquare. We live in a magical age.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 4
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 18
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)