Nov 2, 2010, 8:22 AM EDT
Well, maybe “riot” is a bit strong — that’s a word that used to mean something — but there was certainly lots of numbskullery and minor property damage in San Francisco last night following the Giants victory. So much so that, as you can see in the video below, the, um, “numbskullery and minor property damage police” had to be called out to restore order. There are reports of flaming mattresses and cars being vandalized– what is this, a Buckeyes game? — and a couple of websites are reporting that there was gunfire, but I haven’t been able to find anything confirming that.
Anyway, according to Gawker, the unrest was so very San Francisco. In fact, people were checking in to the “#sfriot” via their smart phones on FourSquare. We live in a magical age.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)