Nov 2, 2010, 8:22 AM EDT
Well, maybe “riot” is a bit strong — that’s a word that used to mean something — but there was certainly lots of numbskullery and minor property damage in San Francisco last night following the Giants victory. So much so that, as you can see in the video below, the, um, “numbskullery and minor property damage police” had to be called out to restore order. There are reports of flaming mattresses and cars being vandalized– what is this, a Buckeyes game? — and a couple of websites are reporting that there was gunfire, but I haven’t been able to find anything confirming that.
Anyway, according to Gawker, the unrest was so very San Francisco. In fact, people were checking in to the “#sfriot” via their smart phones on FourSquare. We live in a magical age.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)