Nov 2, 2010, 8:22 AM EST
Well, maybe “riot” is a bit strong — that’s a word that used to mean something — but there was certainly lots of numbskullery and minor property damage in San Francisco last night following the Giants victory. So much so that, as you can see in the video below, the, um, “numbskullery and minor property damage police” had to be called out to restore order. There are reports of flaming mattresses and cars being vandalized– what is this, a Buckeyes game? — and a couple of websites are reporting that there was gunfire, but I haven’t been able to find anything confirming that.
Anyway, according to Gawker, the unrest was so very San Francisco. In fact, people were checking in to the “#sfriot” via their smart phones on FourSquare. We live in a magical age.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15