Nov 2, 2010, 8:22 AM EDT
Well, maybe “riot” is a bit strong — that’s a word that used to mean something — but there was certainly lots of numbskullery and minor property damage in San Francisco last night following the Giants victory. So much so that, as you can see in the video below, the, um, “numbskullery and minor property damage police” had to be called out to restore order. There are reports of flaming mattresses and cars being vandalized– what is this, a Buckeyes game? — and a couple of websites are reporting that there was gunfire, but I haven’t been able to find anything confirming that.
Anyway, according to Gawker, the unrest was so very San Francisco. In fact, people were checking in to the “#sfriot” via their smart phones on FourSquare. We live in a magical age.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 20
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 42
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (124)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)