Nov 3, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Behold the future of baseball reporting: Coco Crisp tweets his own contract status, telling the world that the A’s are picking up his option. He says he’s happy about it. Of course, in the very next tweet he says he’s happy about having season tickets to the Los Angeles Clippers, so the dude obviously has a low threshold for being made happy. Oh, and he’s single now too, so he might have gotten dumped. Mixed day for Coco.
The option pickup was a no-brainer. It’s only $5.75 million. Crisp had an under-the-radar season due to an early injury, but he ended up hitting .279/.342/.438, stole 32 bases in 35 attempts and played some good defense in center. There are a lot of teams who would kill for an 8 like that.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 15
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 8
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)