Nov 3, 2010, 8:30 AM EST
Behold the future of baseball reporting: Coco Crisp tweets his own contract status, telling the world that the A’s are picking up his option. He says he’s happy about it. Of course, in the very next tweet he says he’s happy about having season tickets to the Los Angeles Clippers, so the dude obviously has a low threshold for being made happy. Oh, and he’s single now too, so he might have gotten dumped. Mixed day for Coco.
The option pickup was a no-brainer. It’s only $5.75 million. Crisp had an under-the-radar season due to an early injury, but he ended up hitting .279/.342/.438, stole 32 bases in 35 attempts and played some good defense in center. There are a lot of teams who would kill for an 8 like that.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 4
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 33
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 38
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)