Nov 3, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Behold the future of baseball reporting: Coco Crisp tweets his own contract status, telling the world that the A’s are picking up his option. He says he’s happy about it. Of course, in the very next tweet he says he’s happy about having season tickets to the Los Angeles Clippers, so the dude obviously has a low threshold for being made happy. Oh, and he’s single now too, so he might have gotten dumped. Mixed day for Coco.
The option pickup was a no-brainer. It’s only $5.75 million. Crisp had an under-the-radar season due to an early injury, but he ended up hitting .279/.342/.438, stole 32 bases in 35 attempts and played some good defense in center. There are a lot of teams who would kill for an 8 like that.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)