Nov 3, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Behold the future of baseball reporting: Coco Crisp tweets his own contract status, telling the world that the A’s are picking up his option. He says he’s happy about it. Of course, in the very next tweet he says he’s happy about having season tickets to the Los Angeles Clippers, so the dude obviously has a low threshold for being made happy. Oh, and he’s single now too, so he might have gotten dumped. Mixed day for Coco.
The option pickup was a no-brainer. It’s only $5.75 million. Crisp had an under-the-radar season due to an early injury, but he ended up hitting .279/.342/.438, stole 32 bases in 35 attempts and played some good defense in center. There are a lot of teams who would kill for an 8 like that.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 0
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 167
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (169)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)