Nov 3, 2010, 8:30 AM EST
Behold the future of baseball reporting: Coco Crisp tweets his own contract status, telling the world that the A’s are picking up his option. He says he’s happy about it. Of course, in the very next tweet he says he’s happy about having season tickets to the Los Angeles Clippers, so the dude obviously has a low threshold for being made happy. Oh, and he’s single now too, so he might have gotten dumped. Mixed day for Coco.
The option pickup was a no-brainer. It’s only $5.75 million. Crisp had an under-the-radar season due to an early injury, but he ended up hitting .279/.342/.438, stole 32 bases in 35 attempts and played some good defense in center. There are a lot of teams who would kill for an 8 like that.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)