Nov 3, 2010, 10:34 AM EST
There has been a lot of speculation that Zack Greinke, who has a history of some serious anxiety problems, wouldn’t do well in New York. Yesterday Jon Heyman reported that Greinke feels the same way about the matter and that there would be “no chance” that he would accept a trade to New York.
Greinke can reportedly block trades to 20 teams through the end of this year and 15 teams next year. After that: no no-trade clause at all. His reluctance to go to the large markets, however, would seem to make trading him really difficult. Because while he’s not crazy-expensive given his mad skills, he is owed $13.5 million each of the next two years, and that’s a lot for a mid-market team where Greinke would be more comfortable. As such, if you put a gun to my head right now I’d say he goes nowhere.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 20
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)