Nov 3, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
There has been a lot of speculation that Zack Greinke, who has a history of some serious anxiety problems, wouldn’t do well in New York. Yesterday Jon Heyman reported that Greinke feels the same way about the matter and that there would be “no chance” that he would accept a trade to New York.
Greinke can reportedly block trades to 20 teams through the end of this year and 15 teams next year. After that: no no-trade clause at all. His reluctance to go to the large markets, however, would seem to make trading him really difficult. Because while he’s not crazy-expensive given his mad skills, he is owed $13.5 million each of the next two years, and that’s a lot for a mid-market team where Greinke would be more comfortable. As such, if you put a gun to my head right now I’d say he goes nowhere.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)