Nov 3, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
There has been a lot of speculation that Zack Greinke, who has a history of some serious anxiety problems, wouldn’t do well in New York. Yesterday Jon Heyman reported that Greinke feels the same way about the matter and that there would be “no chance” that he would accept a trade to New York.
Greinke can reportedly block trades to 20 teams through the end of this year and 15 teams next year. After that: no no-trade clause at all. His reluctance to go to the large markets, however, would seem to make trading him really difficult. Because while he’s not crazy-expensive given his mad skills, he is owed $13.5 million each of the next two years, and that’s a lot for a mid-market team where Greinke would be more comfortable. As such, if you put a gun to my head right now I’d say he goes nowhere.
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)