Nov 3, 2010, 10:34 AM EDT
There has been a lot of speculation that Zack Greinke, who has a history of some serious anxiety problems, wouldn’t do well in New York. Yesterday Jon Heyman reported that Greinke feels the same way about the matter and that there would be “no chance” that he would accept a trade to New York.
Greinke can reportedly block trades to 20 teams through the end of this year and 15 teams next year. After that: no no-trade clause at all. His reluctance to go to the large markets, however, would seem to make trading him really difficult. Because while he’s not crazy-expensive given his mad skills, he is owed $13.5 million each of the next two years, and that’s a lot for a mid-market team where Greinke would be more comfortable. As such, if you put a gun to my head right now I’d say he goes nowhere.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination