Nov 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It’s official: Edwin Rodriguez is staying on as the Marlins’ manager.
Rodriguez went 46-46 as the interim manager after taking over a 34-36 team from Fredi Gonzalez in late June and following interviews with various candidates to replace him the Marlins have decided to extend his contract through 2011.
That puts pressure on Rodriguez to win right away, as the Marlins are set to move into a new ballpark in 2012 and have shown that they aren’t exactly sold on him as the long-term skipper.
I can already see the “Bobby Valentine is the front-runner” headlines a year from now.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)