Nov 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EST
It’s official: Edwin Rodriguez is staying on as the Marlins’ manager.
Rodriguez went 46-46 as the interim manager after taking over a 34-36 team from Fredi Gonzalez in late June and following interviews with various candidates to replace him the Marlins have decided to extend his contract through 2011.
That puts pressure on Rodriguez to win right away, as the Marlins are set to move into a new ballpark in 2012 and have shown that they aren’t exactly sold on him as the long-term skipper.
I can already see the “Bobby Valentine is the front-runner” headlines a year from now.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)