Nov 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It’s official: Edwin Rodriguez is staying on as the Marlins’ manager.
Rodriguez went 46-46 as the interim manager after taking over a 34-36 team from Fredi Gonzalez in late June and following interviews with various candidates to replace him the Marlins have decided to extend his contract through 2011.
That puts pressure on Rodriguez to win right away, as the Marlins are set to move into a new ballpark in 2012 and have shown that they aren’t exactly sold on him as the long-term skipper.
I can already see the “Bobby Valentine is the front-runner” headlines a year from now.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)