Nov 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It’s official: Edwin Rodriguez is staying on as the Marlins’ manager.
Rodriguez went 46-46 as the interim manager after taking over a 34-36 team from Fredi Gonzalez in late June and following interviews with various candidates to replace him the Marlins have decided to extend his contract through 2011.
That puts pressure on Rodriguez to win right away, as the Marlins are set to move into a new ballpark in 2012 and have shown that they aren’t exactly sold on him as the long-term skipper.
I can already see the “Bobby Valentine is the front-runner” headlines a year from now.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)