Nov 3, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
It’s official: Edwin Rodriguez is staying on as the Marlins’ manager.
Rodriguez went 46-46 as the interim manager after taking over a 34-36 team from Fredi Gonzalez in late June and following interviews with various candidates to replace him the Marlins have decided to extend his contract through 2011.
That puts pressure on Rodriguez to win right away, as the Marlins are set to move into a new ballpark in 2012 and have shown that they aren’t exactly sold on him as the long-term skipper.
I can already see the “Bobby Valentine is the front-runner” headlines a year from now.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 32
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 7
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)