Nov 3, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Troubling innuendo aside, the Mets are expected to start interviewing managerial candidates this week, Wally Backman included. That according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Chip Hale is also expected to be interviewed this week.
Backman and Hale are both internal candidates, of course. There are several other internal guys such as Bob Melvin who will be considered as well. External candidates would come later. Sandy Alderson says that he wants to have a new manager in place by the end of the month.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 22
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 153
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (156)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)