Nov 3, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Troubling innuendo aside, the Mets are expected to start interviewing managerial candidates this week, Wally Backman included. That according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Chip Hale is also expected to be interviewed this week.
Backman and Hale are both internal candidates, of course. There are several other internal guys such as Bob Melvin who will be considered as well. External candidates would come later. Sandy Alderson says that he wants to have a new manager in place by the end of the month.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)