Nov 3, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Troubling innuendo aside, the Mets are expected to start interviewing managerial candidates this week, Wally Backman included. That according to Andy Martino of the New York Daily News. Chip Hale is also expected to be interviewed this week.
Backman and Hale are both internal candidates, of course. There are several other internal guys such as Bob Melvin who will be considered as well. External candidates would come later. Sandy Alderson says that he wants to have a new manager in place by the end of the month.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)