Nov 3, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Or maybe gritty. Each apply to offensively-deficient white middle infielders. They’re certainly both terms that have been applied to Adam Kennedy, who will no longer be a Washington National now that they have declined his 2011 option. No surprise here of course, as he would have cost the Nats $2 million next year, when he’d certainly be a backup, what with Washington going with a middle infield of Ian Desmond and Danny Espinosa.
Kennedy gets a $500K buyout, though, and that buys a lot of eye black and stain remover for those dirty uniforms he’ll get playing wherever he ends up next season.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 0
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 67
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 58
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)