Nov 3, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Or maybe gritty. Each apply to offensively-deficient white middle infielders. They’re certainly both terms that have been applied to Adam Kennedy, who will no longer be a Washington National now that they have declined his 2011 option. No surprise here of course, as he would have cost the Nats $2 million next year, when he’d certainly be a backup, what with Washington going with a middle infield of Ian Desmond and Danny Espinosa.
Kennedy gets a $500K buyout, though, and that buys a lot of eye black and stain remover for those dirty uniforms he’ll get playing wherever he ends up next season.
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 11
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 204
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 93
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (206)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (93)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (84)