Nov 3, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Or maybe gritty. Each apply to offensively-deficient white middle infielders. They’re certainly both terms that have been applied to Adam Kennedy, who will no longer be a Washington National now that they have declined his 2011 option. No surprise here of course, as he would have cost the Nats $2 million next year, when he’d certainly be a backup, what with Washington going with a middle infield of Ian Desmond and Danny Espinosa.
Kennedy gets a $500K buyout, though, and that buys a lot of eye black and stain remover for those dirty uniforms he’ll get playing wherever he ends up next season.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)