Nov 3, 2010, 5:30 PM EDT
Or maybe gritty. Each apply to offensively-deficient white middle infielders. They’re certainly both terms that have been applied to Adam Kennedy, who will no longer be a Washington National now that they have declined his 2011 option. No surprise here of course, as he would have cost the Nats $2 million next year, when he’d certainly be a backup, what with Washington going with a middle infield of Ian Desmond and Danny Espinosa.
Kennedy gets a $500K buyout, though, and that buys a lot of eye black and stain remover for those dirty uniforms he’ll get playing wherever he ends up next season.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)