Nov 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
The good folks at Topps would like you help celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary by voting on the top 60 cards of all time. And it’s a really cool interface, with nice pics of baseball cards you either remember having or coveting at one point or another. Total time suck.
The only problem: way, way, way too many great cards didn’t get nominated. I mean, say what you want about the merits of a 1967 Mickey Mantle, but how is that one of the top Topps cards ever? It’s more sad than anything in my view in that it’s really the first card to show The Mick’s age. Kind of an awful card in that respect. There are tons of classics missing and tons of pedestrian cards of superstars.
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 39
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 3
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 70
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 33
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (163)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (100)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)