Nov 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
The good folks at Topps would like you help celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary by voting on the top 60 cards of all time. And it’s a really cool interface, with nice pics of baseball cards you either remember having or coveting at one point or another. Total time suck.
The only problem: way, way, way too many great cards didn’t get nominated. I mean, say what you want about the merits of a 1967 Mickey Mantle, but how is that one of the top Topps cards ever? It’s more sad than anything in my view in that it’s really the first card to show The Mick’s age. Kind of an awful card in that respect. There are tons of classics missing and tons of pedestrian cards of superstars.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (259)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)