Nov 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EST
The good folks at Topps would like you help celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary by voting on the top 60 cards of all time. And it’s a really cool interface, with nice pics of baseball cards you either remember having or coveting at one point or another. Total time suck.
The only problem: way, way, way too many great cards didn’t get nominated. I mean, say what you want about the merits of a 1967 Mickey Mantle, but how is that one of the top Topps cards ever? It’s more sad than anything in my view in that it’s really the first card to show The Mick’s age. Kind of an awful card in that respect. There are tons of classics missing and tons of pedestrian cards of superstars.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)