Nov 3, 2010, 12:01 PM EDT
The good folks at Topps would like you help celebrate the company’s 60th anniversary by voting on the top 60 cards of all time. And it’s a really cool interface, with nice pics of baseball cards you either remember having or coveting at one point or another. Total time suck.
The only problem: way, way, way too many great cards didn’t get nominated. I mean, say what you want about the merits of a 1967 Mickey Mantle, but how is that one of the top Topps cards ever? It’s more sad than anything in my view in that it’s really the first card to show The Mick’s age. Kind of an awful card in that respect. There are tons of classics missing and tons of pedestrian cards of superstars.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)