Nov 4, 2010, 1:06 AM EST
Just after midnight Eastern on Saturday night it will be open season on free agents. But the madness is already starting.
According to ‘Duk over at BLS, Cliff Lee has been spotted buying cowboy boots!
Hold the presses! This clearly means Cliff Lee is staying with the Texas Rangers right? Or maybe he’s interested in the Houston Astros. Or maybe he just likes cowboy boots. Or perhaps he wants to do duets with the Naked Cowboy. Anyone think of that? Hmmm?
On a (slightly) more serious note, Texas Rangers pitcher C.J. Wilson went on the radio on Tuesday morning and made a case for Lee staying in Texas, citing love of team and lower taxes. From the Dallas Morning News:
“If Boston offers him X amount of dollars and we offer him X amount of dollars, if it’s the same, then he’ll probably chose us over Boston. Because of the good times that he had and the fact that the state income taxes are negligible here.”
Wilson also talked about writing a movie about the 2010 Rangers. Not surprisingly, he chose Brad Pitt to play himself. He also said he would have Clint Eastwood play team president and part owner Nolan Ryan, though I’m not sure Eastwood is tough enough. What do you think, Robin Ventura?
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 6
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)