Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Marchman over at Sports Illustrated has a great post up this morning counting down all of the wild card-era World Series champions and ranking them from most surprising to least surprising. You won’t be, er, surprised, to find the 1998 Yankees at the bottom of the list. Many of you may be quite surprised to see who Tim thinks is the third most surprising champion of the era.
Indeed: it may cause some of you to feel . . . insecure.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 85
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 68
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 70
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 73
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)