Nov 4, 2010, 11:00 AM EDT
Tim Marchman over at Sports Illustrated has a great post up this morning counting down all of the wild card-era World Series champions and ranking them from most surprising to least surprising. You won’t be, er, surprised, to find the 1998 Yankees at the bottom of the list. Many of you may be quite surprised to see who Tim thinks is the third most surprising champion of the era.
Indeed: it may cause some of you to feel . . . insecure.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)