Nov 4, 2010, 1:02 PM EDT
Braves reliever Peter Moylan is from Australia. And we learn from his recently launched blog — which, if the history of these sorts of things holds, will go inactive in two weeks — that it’s not easy transitioning to the offseason when you’re from the land down under. After he took a 24 hour flight back home, this happened:
I was however, met by a customs officer who took a liking to my chewing tobacco. You see skoal is not something that is readily available in the land down under so as you can imagine a three month supply was sure to catch the attention of the x-ray machine, so what followed was a 30 min negotiation that involved me trying to prove that I am a Major League Baseball player and not a smoke shop owner trying to bring in new products.
I don’t care if ballplayers dip — it’s outrageously dumb, but it’s a free country, even in another country — but I bet Major League Baseball would prefer it if their players didn’t blog about the copious amount of tobacco their players use.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 55
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 15
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 43
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead