Nov 4, 2010, 10:19 PM EDT
Staff ace Zack Greinke voiced concerns back in August about the Royals’ current rebuilding strategy, telling the Kansas City Star’s Bob Dutton that he’s not “excited” about the club’s crop of youngsters “because the chance of more than one of them making a major impact” during the duration of his contract is “pretty slim.” Not all longtime Royals share Zack’s feelings.
Dutton spoke Thursday with All-Star closer Joakim Soria, who is perfectly content with his situation and pleased with the strides that the Royals have made in the draft and down on the farm.
“I’m still young,” Soria said, “and I think I’m a piece of what they want to do with this team. I think it’s a good idea to rebuild the team, and they’ve been doing great work with the minor-league system.”
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8