Nov 4, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
On the one hand, the Dodgers signing Jay Gibbons to a $400K + incentives deal to be a backup outfielder is so minor a move that it may not even be worth chronicling in these august pages. On the other hand, given that last year L.A.’s biggest offseason splash was snagging Jamey Carroll, it may not get any bigger for Dodgers fans.
So we chronicle it. Let no man say that Ned Colletti has anything other than a free hand to make the Dodgers into champions again.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 6
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 70
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)