Nov 4, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
On the one hand, the Dodgers signing Jay Gibbons to a $400K + incentives deal to be a backup outfielder is so minor a move that it may not even be worth chronicling in these august pages. On the other hand, given that last year L.A.’s biggest offseason splash was snagging Jamey Carroll, it may not get any bigger for Dodgers fans.
So we chronicle it. Let no man say that Ned Colletti has anything other than a free hand to make the Dodgers into champions again.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- LIVE: Pacers aim to even series with Heat
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination