Nov 4, 2010, 4:28 PM EST
On the one hand, the Dodgers signing Jay Gibbons to a $400K + incentives deal to be a backup outfielder is so minor a move that it may not even be worth chronicling in these august pages. On the other hand, given that last year L.A.’s biggest offseason splash was snagging Jamey Carroll, it may not get any bigger for Dodgers fans.
So we chronicle it. Let no man say that Ned Colletti has anything other than a free hand to make the Dodgers into champions again.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (154)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (72)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)