Nov 4, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
On the one hand, the Dodgers signing Jay Gibbons to a $400K + incentives deal to be a backup outfielder is so minor a move that it may not even be worth chronicling in these august pages. On the other hand, given that last year L.A.’s biggest offseason splash was snagging Jamey Carroll, it may not get any bigger for Dodgers fans.
So we chronicle it. Let no man say that Ned Colletti has anything other than a free hand to make the Dodgers into champions again.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)