Nov 4, 2010, 4:28 PM EDT
On the one hand, the Dodgers signing Jay Gibbons to a $400K + incentives deal to be a backup outfielder is so minor a move that it may not even be worth chronicling in these august pages. On the other hand, given that last year L.A.’s biggest offseason splash was snagging Jamey Carroll, it may not get any bigger for Dodgers fans.
So we chronicle it. Let no man say that Ned Colletti has anything other than a free hand to make the Dodgers into champions again.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)