Nov 4, 2010, 8:00 AM EST
The Giants had their victory parade in San Francisco, and it seemed pretty nuts by victory parade standards. It’s always hard to estimate this stuff — and estimates always seem to err on the ridiculously high side — but the Chronicle said that hundreds of thousands lined the parade route. Random tweets and things from people I know in the bay area suggested that this parade tied up San Francisco in ways a lot of other cities don’t get tied up by such things, but again, maybe that’s just a function of bridges or geography or something.
But who cares how many were there? Onlookers seemed to have fun, as did the Giants. There’s a large photo gallery of the thing here, and that’s probably a better way to get a sense of it than having me try to explain it.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (301)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)