Nov 4, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
The Giants had their victory parade in San Francisco, and it seemed pretty nuts by victory parade standards. It’s always hard to estimate this stuff — and estimates always seem to err on the ridiculously high side — but the Chronicle said that hundreds of thousands lined the parade route. Random tweets and things from people I know in the bay area suggested that this parade tied up San Francisco in ways a lot of other cities don’t get tied up by such things, but again, maybe that’s just a function of bridges or geography or something.
But who cares how many were there? Onlookers seemed to have fun, as did the Giants. There’s a large photo gallery of the thing here, and that’s probably a better way to get a sense of it than having me try to explain it.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)