Nov 5, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott Feldman went 17-8 with a 4.08 ERA in 2009 and parlayed the career-year into a three-year, $14 million contract, but declined to 7-11 with a 5.48 ERA this season and was left off the Rangers’ playoff roster.
Today he underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee and will be out of action for three months, putting his status for spring training in some doubt.
Without the contract extension Feldman might have been a non-tender candidate for the Rangers, but since they’ll be paying him $4.4 million in 2011 (and another $6.5 million in 2012) he’ll compete for a spot in the rotation if healthy.
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 32
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 31
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 44
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 58
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)