Nov 5, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott Feldman went 17-8 with a 4.08 ERA in 2009 and parlayed the career-year into a three-year, $14 million contract, but declined to 7-11 with a 5.48 ERA this season and was left off the Rangers’ playoff roster.
Today he underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee and will be out of action for three months, putting his status for spring training in some doubt.
Without the contract extension Feldman might have been a non-tender candidate for the Rangers, but since they’ll be paying him $4.4 million in 2011 (and another $6.5 million in 2012) he’ll compete for a spot in the rotation if healthy.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)