Nov 5, 2010, 5:40 PM EST
Scott Feldman went 17-8 with a 4.08 ERA in 2009 and parlayed the career-year into a three-year, $14 million contract, but declined to 7-11 with a 5.48 ERA this season and was left off the Rangers’ playoff roster.
Today he underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee and will be out of action for three months, putting his status for spring training in some doubt.
Without the contract extension Feldman might have been a non-tender candidate for the Rangers, but since they’ll be paying him $4.4 million in 2011 (and another $6.5 million in 2012) he’ll compete for a spot in the rotation if healthy.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)