Nov 5, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Scott Feldman went 17-8 with a 4.08 ERA in 2009 and parlayed the career-year into a three-year, $14 million contract, but declined to 7-11 with a 5.48 ERA this season and was left off the Rangers’ playoff roster.
Today he underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee and will be out of action for three months, putting his status for spring training in some doubt.
Without the contract extension Feldman might have been a non-tender candidate for the Rangers, but since they’ll be paying him $4.4 million in 2011 (and another $6.5 million in 2012) he’ll compete for a spot in the rotation if healthy.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 219
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)