Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
And hoping for no injuries at all. Why? Because the starting quarterback of each team — Kyle Parker for Clemson and Russell Wilson for the Wolfpack — is a Rockies prospect. Naturally, the better football prospect (Wilson) is the worse baseball prospect.
I think it would be hard to figure out what to do if you were a legitimate two-sport star. Choosing baseball means giving up being the big man on campus, and playing in front of tens of thousands. Choosing football means risking your health and placing your bets on what, if things pan out, will be a much shorter career. Both of these guys are trying to have it both ways, but it’s been a while since we’ve seen someone go all that far down the line in both sports. One tends to get dropped eventually.
Screw it: I’m going to go play as the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl. I miss Bo Jackson.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 7
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 129
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 27
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39