Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
And hoping for no injuries at all. Why? Because the starting quarterback of each team — Kyle Parker for Clemson and Russell Wilson for the Wolfpack — is a Rockies prospect. Naturally, the better football prospect (Wilson) is the worse baseball prospect.
I think it would be hard to figure out what to do if you were a legitimate two-sport star. Choosing baseball means giving up being the big man on campus, and playing in front of tens of thousands. Choosing football means risking your health and placing your bets on what, if things pan out, will be a much shorter career. Both of these guys are trying to have it both ways, but it’s been a while since we’ve seen someone go all that far down the line in both sports. One tends to get dropped eventually.
Screw it: I’m going to go play as the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl. I miss Bo Jackson.
- Giants manager Bruce Bochy doesn’t expect Matt Cain to pitch again this year 3
- Matt Harvey throws off mound for first time since Tommy John surgery 2
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 46
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)