Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
And hoping for no injuries at all. Why? Because the starting quarterback of each team — Kyle Parker for Clemson and Russell Wilson for the Wolfpack — is a Rockies prospect. Naturally, the better football prospect (Wilson) is the worse baseball prospect.
I think it would be hard to figure out what to do if you were a legitimate two-sport star. Choosing baseball means giving up being the big man on campus, and playing in front of tens of thousands. Choosing football means risking your health and placing your bets on what, if things pan out, will be a much shorter career. Both of these guys are trying to have it both ways, but it’s been a while since we’ve seen someone go all that far down the line in both sports. One tends to get dropped eventually.
Screw it: I’m going to go play as the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl. I miss Bo Jackson.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 93
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)