Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
And hoping for no injuries at all. Why? Because the starting quarterback of each team — Kyle Parker for Clemson and Russell Wilson for the Wolfpack — is a Rockies prospect. Naturally, the better football prospect (Wilson) is the worse baseball prospect.
I think it would be hard to figure out what to do if you were a legitimate two-sport star. Choosing baseball means giving up being the big man on campus, and playing in front of tens of thousands. Choosing football means risking your health and placing your bets on what, if things pan out, will be a much shorter career. Both of these guys are trying to have it both ways, but it’s been a while since we’ve seen someone go all that far down the line in both sports. One tends to get dropped eventually.
Screw it: I’m going to go play as the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl. I miss Bo Jackson.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)