Nov 5, 2010, 10:59 AM EDT
And hoping for no injuries at all. Why? Because the starting quarterback of each team — Kyle Parker for Clemson and Russell Wilson for the Wolfpack — is a Rockies prospect. Naturally, the better football prospect (Wilson) is the worse baseball prospect.
I think it would be hard to figure out what to do if you were a legitimate two-sport star. Choosing baseball means giving up being the big man on campus, and playing in front of tens of thousands. Choosing football means risking your health and placing your bets on what, if things pan out, will be a much shorter career. Both of these guys are trying to have it both ways, but it’s been a while since we’ve seen someone go all that far down the line in both sports. One tends to get dropped eventually.
Screw it: I’m going to go play as the Raiders in Tecmo Bowl. I miss Bo Jackson.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42