Nov 6, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
Well, no. Not realistically, anyway. Pretty much everybody agrees that Derek Jeter will be back in the Bronx next season, so don’t take this too seriously.
While acknowledging the likelihood that Jeter re-signs with the Bombers, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle speculates that Giants general manager Brian Sabean will at least keep an eye on the negotiations.
However, in the odd chance that Jeter does sign elsewhere, remember. The head of Yankees scouting who drafted Jeter in 1992 was none other than Sabean. There is a tie there. And we have to believe that San Francisco will be a more attractive destination for all free agents now that they’ve won the World Series, if for no other reason their pitching gives them a good shot to repeat.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)