Nov 6, 2010, 3:14 PM EDT
Well, no. Not realistically, anyway. Pretty much everybody agrees that Derek Jeter will be back in the Bronx next season, so don’t take this too seriously.
While acknowledging the likelihood that Jeter re-signs with the Bombers, Henry Schulman of the San Francisco Chronicle speculates that Giants general manager Brian Sabean will at least keep an eye on the negotiations.
However, in the odd chance that Jeter does sign elsewhere, remember. The head of Yankees scouting who drafted Jeter in 1992 was none other than Sabean. There is a tie there. And we have to believe that San Francisco will be a more attractive destination for all free agents now that they’ve won the World Series, if for no other reason their pitching gives them a good shot to repeat.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)