Nov 7, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
Carl Steward of the San Jose Mercury News put together a piece in Wednesday’s edition chronicling 52 agonizing years of San Francisco Giants fandom. That agony, of course, was broken this year when the Giants defeated the Rangers to win the franchise’s first World Series title since making the move to the Bay Area.
Steward’s piece drew a lot of great reactions from longtime Giants fans and the News’ staff compiled them into a post this afternoon. Here’s a really cool one:
Thanks for Carl Steward’s column this morning.
I’m 60. I read it and wept into my nonfat yogurt. I wept for the litany of failure, and for my recollection of every single moment. I wept for this year’s improbable and sublime triumph. I wept because I have spent so much of my life in pain about a stupid game that gives me so much pleasure.
I didn’t even know how to react when Wilson struck out Nelson Cruz to end the series. I was thrilled, but I knew the real emotion was coming later. Thanks for helping me unleash it.
We won the World Series. I’ve got it. I own it. It’s mine forever.
Check out the others HERE.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 7
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)