Nov 8, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
A.J. Pierzynski is looking for a new team as a free agent, but in the meantime he’s also raising money for charity by growing a mustache.
Every year in November the “Movember Foundation” raises funds to promote awareness for “men’s health issues” such as prostate and testicular cancer and Pierzynski is taking part by pledging not to shave for the entire month.
As someone who often goes an entire month without shaving purely out of laziness that doesn’t seem like such a big deal, but it’s nice that Pierzynski is doing his part to raise some money for charity during free agent season.
We are fortunate to have the job we have. It’s an awesome position to be in to be able to support something you believe in like this, which is huge for all males to worry about, and a good cause. Spread the wealth, as the saying goes. My buddy brought this up last year, and we’re trying to get people interested.
You can track Pierzynski’s progress on the Movember website by clicking here.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)