Nov 8, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
A.J. Pierzynski is looking for a new team as a free agent, but in the meantime he’s also raising money for charity by growing a mustache.
Every year in November the “Movember Foundation” raises funds to promote awareness for “men’s health issues” such as prostate and testicular cancer and Pierzynski is taking part by pledging not to shave for the entire month.
As someone who often goes an entire month without shaving purely out of laziness that doesn’t seem like such a big deal, but it’s nice that Pierzynski is doing his part to raise some money for charity during free agent season.
We are fortunate to have the job we have. It’s an awesome position to be in to be able to support something you believe in like this, which is huge for all males to worry about, and a good cause. Spread the wealth, as the saying goes. My buddy brought this up last year, and we’re trying to get people interested.
You can track Pierzynski’s progress on the Movember website by clicking here.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)