Nov 8, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
A.J. Pierzynski is looking for a new team as a free agent, but in the meantime he’s also raising money for charity by growing a mustache.
Every year in November the “Movember Foundation” raises funds to promote awareness for “men’s health issues” such as prostate and testicular cancer and Pierzynski is taking part by pledging not to shave for the entire month.
As someone who often goes an entire month without shaving purely out of laziness that doesn’t seem like such a big deal, but it’s nice that Pierzynski is doing his part to raise some money for charity during free agent season.
We are fortunate to have the job we have. It’s an awesome position to be in to be able to support something you believe in like this, which is huge for all males to worry about, and a good cause. Spread the wealth, as the saying goes. My buddy brought this up last year, and we’re trying to get people interested.
You can track Pierzynski’s progress on the Movember website by clicking here.
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 13
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 64
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- HBT Daily: They’ve dropped six straight, but the Pirates may be the Wild Card favorites 2
- The Diamondbacks plan to bring back Kirk Gibson for some reason 31
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (125)
- Jayson Werth clocked at 105 m.p.h. in a 55 zone, is charged with reckless driving (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (78)
- A vote for Tom Werner for commissioner is a vote to return to the dark ages (78)