Nov 8, 2010, 10:47 AM EST
A.J. Pierzynski is looking for a new team as a free agent, but in the meantime he’s also raising money for charity by growing a mustache.
Every year in November the “Movember Foundation” raises funds to promote awareness for “men’s health issues” such as prostate and testicular cancer and Pierzynski is taking part by pledging not to shave for the entire month.
As someone who often goes an entire month without shaving purely out of laziness that doesn’t seem like such a big deal, but it’s nice that Pierzynski is doing his part to raise some money for charity during free agent season.
We are fortunate to have the job we have. It’s an awesome position to be in to be able to support something you believe in like this, which is huge for all males to worry about, and a good cause. Spread the wealth, as the saying goes. My buddy brought this up last year, and we’re trying to get people interested.
You can track Pierzynski’s progress on the Movember website by clicking here.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)