Nov 8, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
A.J. Pierzynski is looking for a new team as a free agent, but in the meantime he’s also raising money for charity by growing a mustache.
Every year in November the “Movember Foundation” raises funds to promote awareness for “men’s health issues” such as prostate and testicular cancer and Pierzynski is taking part by pledging not to shave for the entire month.
As someone who often goes an entire month without shaving purely out of laziness that doesn’t seem like such a big deal, but it’s nice that Pierzynski is doing his part to raise some money for charity during free agent season.
We are fortunate to have the job we have. It’s an awesome position to be in to be able to support something you believe in like this, which is huge for all males to worry about, and a good cause. Spread the wealth, as the saying goes. My buddy brought this up last year, and we’re trying to get people interested.
You can track Pierzynski’s progress on the Movember website by clicking here.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)