Nov 8, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
A couple of years ago Angels’ third baseman Brandon Wood was cut by his winter ball team for poor performance. On the one hand, it’s a small sample size and winter ball teams are trying to win, not develop U.S. talent. On the other hand, hey, they sure saw through Brandon Wood, didn’t they? Oh well, I’m sure things will turn out totally different for this Angels’ prospect:
Hank Conger, in a terrible slump, was removed last week from his Venezuelan team’s roster . . . Conger wasn’t hitting at all, but it was only 36 at bats, so probably nothing but a tough two weeks from the catching prospect.
Say Hank, have you ever been to Australia?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (123)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona