Nov 8, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
A couple of years ago Angels’ third baseman Brandon Wood was cut by his winter ball team for poor performance. On the one hand, it’s a small sample size and winter ball teams are trying to win, not develop U.S. talent. On the other hand, hey, they sure saw through Brandon Wood, didn’t they? Oh well, I’m sure things will turn out totally different for this Angels’ prospect:
Hank Conger, in a terrible slump, was removed last week from his Venezuelan team’s roster . . . Conger wasn’t hitting at all, but it was only 36 at bats, so probably nothing but a tough two weeks from the catching prospect.
Say Hank, have you ever been to Australia?
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 20
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)