Nov 8, 2010, 12:25 PM EDT
A couple of years ago Angels’ third baseman Brandon Wood was cut by his winter ball team for poor performance. On the one hand, it’s a small sample size and winter ball teams are trying to win, not develop U.S. talent. On the other hand, hey, they sure saw through Brandon Wood, didn’t they? Oh well, I’m sure things will turn out totally different for this Angels’ prospect:
Hank Conger, in a terrible slump, was removed last week from his Venezuelan team’s roster . . . Conger wasn’t hitting at all, but it was only 36 at bats, so probably nothing but a tough two weeks from the catching prospect.
Say Hank, have you ever been to Australia?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)