Nov 8, 2010, 1:16 PM EST
Jarrod Washburn sat out all of this season when he struggled to find interested teams following knee surgery, but the 36-year-old left-hander told Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com that he’s considering a comeback.
I honestly am very happy with my decision to not play and hadn’t thought of playing again until recently. This past week I have already been contacted by a couple teams, just to gauge my interest in coming back, so that has made me think about it a little. I will not say I am 100 percent retired because a great opportunity might present itself.
Washburn is a Wisconsin native and indicated that he’d like to pitch for the Brewers and their new manager Ron Roenicke, as they worked together as members of the Angels. Asked about Roenicke, he said: “Love him. Great hire for the Brewers.”
Washburn went 1-3 with a 7.33 ERA in eight starts for the Tigers down the stretch in 2009 and then further scared off potential suitors by going under the knife, but prior to being traded to Detroit he had a 2.64 ERA in 20 starts for Seattle. If healthy he’d be a decent back-of-the-rotation option for teams on a budget.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)