Nov 8, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Mets will begin interviewing external manager candidates this week, starting with Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale tomorrow.
General manager Sandy Alderson is then slated to meet with Rangers hitting coach Clint Hurdle and newly hired Blue Jays bench coach Don Wakamatsu on Wednesday.
Hale previously interviewed for the Blue Jays’ job that went to fellow Red Sox coach John Farrell, while both Hurdle and Wakamatsu have experience managing in the majors.
Alderson has already interviewed in-house candidates Bob Melvin, Wally Backman, Terry Collins, Chip Hale, and Dave Jauss.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)