Nov 8, 2010, 5:40 PM EDT
Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com reports that the Mets will begin interviewing external manager candidates this week, starting with Red Sox bench coach DeMarlo Hale tomorrow.
General manager Sandy Alderson is then slated to meet with Rangers hitting coach Clint Hurdle and newly hired Blue Jays bench coach Don Wakamatsu on Wednesday.
Hale previously interviewed for the Blue Jays’ job that went to fellow Red Sox coach John Farrell, while both Hurdle and Wakamatsu have experience managing in the majors.
Alderson has already interviewed in-house candidates Bob Melvin, Wally Backman, Terry Collins, Chip Hale, and Dave Jauss.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)