Nov 8, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
On the heels of news that Dan Uggla rejected a four-year, $48 million offer, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro — after confirming the offer Rosenthal mentioned — reports that the Marlins “may seriously consider” trading him.
He’d be valuable to any number of teams, I presume. But maybe less so if they think that he wants a deal of five years or greater than $48 million from them too. Ultimately, it seems, the true gauge of Uggla’s trade value is whether he just wants out of Miami for some reason or if he truly thinks he’s worth Chase Utley money or something close to it.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)