Nov 8, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
On the heels of news that Dan Uggla rejected a four-year, $48 million offer, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro — after confirming the offer Rosenthal mentioned — reports that the Marlins “may seriously consider” trading him.
He’d be valuable to any number of teams, I presume. But maybe less so if they think that he wants a deal of five years or greater than $48 million from them too. Ultimately, it seems, the true gauge of Uggla’s trade value is whether he just wants out of Miami for some reason or if he truly thinks he’s worth Chase Utley money or something close to it.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 30
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 36
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)