Nov 8, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
On the heels of news that Dan Uggla rejected a four-year, $48 million offer, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro — after confirming the offer Rosenthal mentioned — reports that the Marlins “may seriously consider” trading him.
He’d be valuable to any number of teams, I presume. But maybe less so if they think that he wants a deal of five years or greater than $48 million from them too. Ultimately, it seems, the true gauge of Uggla’s trade value is whether he just wants out of Miami for some reason or if he truly thinks he’s worth Chase Utley money or something close to it.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)