Nov 8, 2010, 2:09 PM EDT
On the heels of news that Dan Uggla rejected a four-year, $48 million offer, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro — after confirming the offer Rosenthal mentioned — reports that the Marlins “may seriously consider” trading him.
He’d be valuable to any number of teams, I presume. But maybe less so if they think that he wants a deal of five years or greater than $48 million from them too. Ultimately, it seems, the true gauge of Uggla’s trade value is whether he just wants out of Miami for some reason or if he truly thinks he’s worth Chase Utley money or something close to it.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)