Nov 8, 2010, 2:09 PM EST
On the heels of news that Dan Uggla rejected a four-year, $48 million offer, MLB.com’s Joe Frisaro — after confirming the offer Rosenthal mentioned — reports that the Marlins “may seriously consider” trading him.
He’d be valuable to any number of teams, I presume. But maybe less so if they think that he wants a deal of five years or greater than $48 million from them too. Ultimately, it seems, the true gauge of Uggla’s trade value is whether he just wants out of Miami for some reason or if he truly thinks he’s worth Chase Utley money or something close to it.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)