Nov 8, 2010, 8:34 PM EST
World Series MVP Edgar Renteria said over the weekend that he has no plans to hang ‘em up and now he tells Enrique Rojas of ESPNDeportes.com that he is willing to move to second base in order to prolong his career.
Spoken like a true free agent. For all his injuries and general lack of production over the past two seasons, Renteria is still a perfectly capable defensive shortstop. Perhaps moving to a less demanding position would allow him to stay on the field, but this sounds like an effort to increase his marketability rather than his true preference. He’s not going to find anywhere close to the $9 million he made this past season, but the 35-year-old should be able to find a starting job somewhere.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)