Nov 8, 2010, 12:45 PM EST
Rick Peterson still has one season remaining on his contract as the Brewers’ pitching coach, but new manager Ron Roenicke is undecided about keeping him on the coaching staff and has met with Peterson several times since taking over the job last week.
Roenicke told Adam McCalvy of MLB.com that the meetings “went well” but because the pitching coach position is “so important to a new manager … I really have to make sure I have the right person, whether it’s Rick, whether it’s somebody else.”
In other words, Peterson is now interviewing for his own job.
Peterson was hired last offseason after the Brewers allowed the second-most runs in the league in 2009, but the pitching staff experienced only modest improvements this season while ranking third-worst in the league.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 76
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)