Nov 8, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
The hiring of Sandy Alderson seems to have gone over well, and my Met-fan friends are almost allowing themselves to be optimistic these past couple of weeks. Sure, 2011 will still likely be a challenge due to financial constraints and a couple of onerous contracts that have yet to run their course, but for the first time in a long time Mets fans are allowing themselves to hope for the best rather than assume the worst.
We can’t have that.
- So, here’s a post today from Brian Joura making an All-Star team out of the best under-25-year-old talent the Mets have traded away in their history; and
- Here’s a short, sweet, painful but true summary of what it’s like to be a Mets fan from last night’s “Family Guy”:
It’s not that I hate you, Mets fans: I just don’t want you to forget what this felt like when, in a couple of years, you’re beating the crap out of the Phillies and Braves in the NL East behind your Alderson-built UberTeam.
- 2014 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 34
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12