Nov 8, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
The hiring of Sandy Alderson seems to have gone over well, and my Met-fan friends are almost allowing themselves to be optimistic these past couple of weeks. Sure, 2011 will still likely be a challenge due to financial constraints and a couple of onerous contracts that have yet to run their course, but for the first time in a long time Mets fans are allowing themselves to hope for the best rather than assume the worst.
We can’t have that.
- So, here’s a post today from Brian Joura making an All-Star team out of the best under-25-year-old talent the Mets have traded away in their history; and
- Here’s a short, sweet, painful but true summary of what it’s like to be a Mets fan from last night’s “Family Guy”:
It’s not that I hate you, Mets fans: I just don’t want you to forget what this felt like when, in a couple of years, you’re beating the crap out of the Phillies and Braves in the NL East behind your Alderson-built UberTeam.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 36
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 30
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 86
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)