Nov 8, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
The hiring of Sandy Alderson seems to have gone over well, and my Met-fan friends are almost allowing themselves to be optimistic these past couple of weeks. Sure, 2011 will still likely be a challenge due to financial constraints and a couple of onerous contracts that have yet to run their course, but for the first time in a long time Mets fans are allowing themselves to hope for the best rather than assume the worst.
We can’t have that.
- So, here’s a post today from Brian Joura making an All-Star team out of the best under-25-year-old talent the Mets have traded away in their history; and
- Here’s a short, sweet, painful but true summary of what it’s like to be a Mets fan from last night’s “Family Guy”:
It’s not that I hate you, Mets fans: I just don’t want you to forget what this felt like when, in a couple of years, you’re beating the crap out of the Phillies and Braves in the NL East behind your Alderson-built UberTeam.
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 0
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 5
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)