Nov 9, 2010, 10:15 AM EDT
Not surprisingly, Cliff Lee’s agent said yesterday that the free agent left-hander will likely take his sweet time fielding offers before deciding on a long-term home.
Here’s what Darek Braunecker told Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News:
Historically, these deals take some time. We don’t handicap the timing of this stuff, but we don’t anticipate this happening too quickly. There aren’t a whole lot of market factors that are necessarily going to influence Cliff’s negotiations. There’s not anybody else out there that’s going to have any bearing on what we do with Cliff, at least from our perspective.
Our conversations have been what we anticipated to this point; it’s early-stage dialogue with a number of interested parties. We’re truly at the beginning stages here. When this deal gets done is anybody’s guess.
Feinsand speculates that Lee is unlikely to sign before the winter meetings, which begin December 6.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)