Nov 9, 2010, 11:29 AM EST
Yesterday it was reported that Bonson Arroyo was likely to sign a three-year extension this week. The extension still looks like it’s happening, but John Fay reports that it may take a few extra days because Arroyo is on a cruise.
Rogers Hornsby famously said “people ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” Arroyo does that too. Only he does it from the Lido Deck of the Pacific Princess.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 85
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (97)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)