Nov 9, 2010, 11:29 AM EST
Yesterday it was reported that Bonson Arroyo was likely to sign a three-year extension this week. The extension still looks like it’s happening, but John Fay reports that it may take a few extra days because Arroyo is on a cruise.
Rogers Hornsby famously said “people ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” Arroyo does that too. Only he does it from the Lido Deck of the Pacific Princess.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 0
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 289
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (289)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)