Nov 9, 2010, 11:29 AM EDT
Yesterday it was reported that Bonson Arroyo was likely to sign a three-year extension this week. The extension still looks like it’s happening, but John Fay reports that it may take a few extra days because Arroyo is on a cruise.
Rogers Hornsby famously said “people ask me what I do in winter when there’s no baseball. I’ll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.” Arroyo does that too. Only he does it from the Lido Deck of the Pacific Princess.
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 27
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (102)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)