Nov 9, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez has been spotted in Toronto for the past couple days, leading to speculation that his visiting has something to do with interest from the Blue Jays.
Asked if there was a connection of any kind, Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos replied: “I wouldn’t comment on player rumours either way.” (And yes, he somehow put the extra “u” in there while speaking.)
Last month Ramirez praised the Blue Jays’ decision to hire Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell as their new manager, saying he’d like to play for Farrell and calling Toronto “a team I’ve liked since they had all those Dominican players in the ’80s.”
Of course, given how poorly his time with the White Sox went Ramirez is probably pretty open to playing for just about any team right now.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (96)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)