Nov 9, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez has been spotted in Toronto for the past couple days, leading to speculation that his visiting has something to do with interest from the Blue Jays.
Asked if there was a connection of any kind, Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos replied: “I wouldn’t comment on player rumours either way.” (And yes, he somehow put the extra “u” in there while speaking.)
Last month Ramirez praised the Blue Jays’ decision to hire Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell as their new manager, saying he’d like to play for Farrell and calling Toronto “a team I’ve liked since they had all those Dominican players in the ’80s.”
Of course, given how poorly his time with the White Sox went Ramirez is probably pretty open to playing for just about any team right now.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims