Nov 9, 2010, 10:47 AM EDT
Manny Ramirez has been spotted in Toronto for the past couple days, leading to speculation that his visiting has something to do with interest from the Blue Jays.
Asked if there was a connection of any kind, Toronto general manager Alex Anthopoulos replied: “I wouldn’t comment on player rumours either way.” (And yes, he somehow put the extra “u” in there while speaking.)
Last month Ramirez praised the Blue Jays’ decision to hire Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell as their new manager, saying he’d like to play for Farrell and calling Toronto “a team I’ve liked since they had all those Dominican players in the ’80s.”
Of course, given how poorly his time with the White Sox went Ramirez is probably pretty open to playing for just about any team right now.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)