Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that Mike Hampton — fresh off a 0.00 ERA season (in which he faced 16 batters) — wants to pitch in 2011.
At this point Hampton is a zombie, right? Shambling around, unaware that he died about five years ago? He’s not eating anyone’s brain as far as we know, but as long as there is a GM who remembers that Hampton was pretty spiffy back when they still played baseball in the Astrodome, he presents a threat.
If anyone gives him anything other than a non-roster invite at this point there’s no helping them.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (150)