Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that Mike Hampton — fresh off a 0.00 ERA season (in which he faced 16 batters) — wants to pitch in 2011.
At this point Hampton is a zombie, right? Shambling around, unaware that he died about five years ago? He’s not eating anyone’s brain as far as we know, but as long as there is a GM who remembers that Hampton was pretty spiffy back when they still played baseball in the Astrodome, he presents a threat.
If anyone gives him anything other than a non-roster invite at this point there’s no helping them.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)