Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 AM EST
Ken Rosenthal reports that Mike Hampton — fresh off a 0.00 ERA season (in which he faced 16 batters) — wants to pitch in 2011.
At this point Hampton is a zombie, right? Shambling around, unaware that he died about five years ago? He’s not eating anyone’s brain as far as we know, but as long as there is a GM who remembers that Hampton was pretty spiffy back when they still played baseball in the Astrodome, he presents a threat.
If anyone gives him anything other than a non-roster invite at this point there’s no helping them.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 163
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (163)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)