Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that Mike Hampton — fresh off a 0.00 ERA season (in which he faced 16 batters) — wants to pitch in 2011.
At this point Hampton is a zombie, right? Shambling around, unaware that he died about five years ago? He’s not eating anyone’s brain as far as we know, but as long as there is a GM who remembers that Hampton was pretty spiffy back when they still played baseball in the Astrodome, he presents a threat.
If anyone gives him anything other than a non-roster invite at this point there’s no helping them.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (93)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)