Nov 9, 2010, 10:30 AM EDT
Ken Rosenthal reports that Mike Hampton — fresh off a 0.00 ERA season (in which he faced 16 batters) — wants to pitch in 2011.
At this point Hampton is a zombie, right? Shambling around, unaware that he died about five years ago? He’s not eating anyone’s brain as far as we know, but as long as there is a GM who remembers that Hampton was pretty spiffy back when they still played baseball in the Astrodome, he presents a threat.
If anyone gives him anything other than a non-roster invite at this point there’s no helping them.
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 0
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)