Nov 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Here’s Jon Heyman, in the course of naming David Eckstein a “potential free agent bargain.” Number eight on his list of bargains, actually:
A two-time World Series champ, this all-time scrapper is a big plus for any clubhouse.
I’d like to think that the Eckstein-is-scrappy thing has gone from observation to overused cliche and on into that new hipster realm in which things are so uncool that they’re actually cool (e.g. knitting, horned-rim glasses and T-shirts that say “Spam” on them), but I don’t think that’s the case. Jon Heyman is actually touting the merits of David Eckstein based on him being scrappy, having a good clubhouse presence and the accident of history that placed him on a couple of teams that won the World Series.
But hey: I suppose he would be worth signing if he came with Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter and the Rally Monkey at no extra charge. Deal?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 6
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 27
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 19
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld