Nov 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Here’s Jon Heyman, in the course of naming David Eckstein a “potential free agent bargain.” Number eight on his list of bargains, actually:
A two-time World Series champ, this all-time scrapper is a big plus for any clubhouse.
I’d like to think that the Eckstein-is-scrappy thing has gone from observation to overused cliche and on into that new hipster realm in which things are so uncool that they’re actually cool (e.g. knitting, horned-rim glasses and T-shirts that say “Spam” on them), but I don’t think that’s the case. Jon Heyman is actually touting the merits of David Eckstein based on him being scrappy, having a good clubhouse presence and the accident of history that placed him on a couple of teams that won the World Series.
But hey: I suppose he would be worth signing if he came with Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter and the Rally Monkey at no extra charge. Deal?
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 0
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld