Nov 9, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Here’s Jon Heyman, in the course of naming David Eckstein a “potential free agent bargain.” Number eight on his list of bargains, actually:
A two-time World Series champ, this all-time scrapper is a big plus for any clubhouse.
I’d like to think that the Eckstein-is-scrappy thing has gone from observation to overused cliche and on into that new hipster realm in which things are so uncool that they’re actually cool (e.g. knitting, horned-rim glasses and T-shirts that say “Spam” on them), but I don’t think that’s the case. Jon Heyman is actually touting the merits of David Eckstein based on him being scrappy, having a good clubhouse presence and the accident of history that placed him on a couple of teams that won the World Series.
But hey: I suppose he would be worth signing if he came with Albert Pujols, Chris Carpenter and the Rally Monkey at no extra charge. Deal?
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)
RotoWorld.com Fantasy Sports
Top 10 MLB Player Searches
Search player news RotoWorld