Nov 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Assessment: The Nats are probably limited to threads that are more or less like those they currently wear. They basically have to stick with red, white, and blue. Marketing probably dictates that they keep the curly W on the cap. It would be cool if they could experiment a bit, but it’s not gonna happen. They’ll always look pretty good, but a bit boring. Which describes most teams nowadays, come to think of it.
Oh well, that’s it for the NL East. Tomorrow we’ll start in with the NL Central. There’s a bit more history there — the East has only two teams that predate the Kennedy administration — so it will a bit more fun.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 12
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 58
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)