Nov 9, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Assessment: The Nats are probably limited to threads that are more or less like those they currently wear. They basically have to stick with red, white, and blue. Marketing probably dictates that they keep the curly W on the cap. It would be cool if they could experiment a bit, but it’s not gonna happen. They’ll always look pretty good, but a bit boring. Which describes most teams nowadays, come to think of it.
Oh well, that’s it for the NL East. Tomorrow we’ll start in with the NL Central. There’s a bit more history there — the East has only two teams that predate the Kennedy administration — so it will a bit more fun.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)