Nov 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are shopping for starting pitching, with Jake Westbrook, Jon Garland and Hiroki Kuroda on the shopping list. Worth remembering that they have their own free agent — Jorge De La Rosa — to consider as well.
It’s been a while since the Rockies made a splash on the free agent pitching market. Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton were a long time ago. With nice offense, nice defense and a humidor behind them, has the notion that pitchers want no part of Coors Field a thing of the past? I guess we’ll see.
But I know this much: if the Rockies can bolster that pitching staff they’re going to be a sexy choice in the NL West next season.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)