Nov 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are shopping for starting pitching, with Jake Westbrook, Jon Garland and Hiroki Kuroda on the shopping list. Worth remembering that they have their own free agent — Jorge De La Rosa — to consider as well.
It’s been a while since the Rockies made a splash on the free agent pitching market. Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton were a long time ago. With nice offense, nice defense and a humidor behind them, has the notion that pitchers want no part of Coors Field a thing of the past? I guess we’ll see.
But I know this much: if the Rockies can bolster that pitching staff they’re going to be a sexy choice in the NL West next season.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 60
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 41
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 142
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (145)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)