Nov 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are shopping for starting pitching, with Jake Westbrook, Jon Garland and Hiroki Kuroda on the shopping list. Worth remembering that they have their own free agent — Jorge De La Rosa — to consider as well.
It’s been a while since the Rockies made a splash on the free agent pitching market. Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton were a long time ago. With nice offense, nice defense and a humidor behind them, has the notion that pitchers want no part of Coors Field a thing of the past? I guess we’ll see.
But I know this much: if the Rockies can bolster that pitching staff they’re going to be a sexy choice in the NL West next season.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 2
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 10
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 80
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)