Nov 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are shopping for starting pitching, with Jake Westbrook, Jon Garland and Hiroki Kuroda on the shopping list. Worth remembering that they have their own free agent — Jorge De La Rosa — to consider as well.
It’s been a while since the Rockies made a splash on the free agent pitching market. Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton were a long time ago. With nice offense, nice defense and a humidor behind them, has the notion that pitchers want no part of Coors Field a thing of the past? I guess we’ll see.
But I know this much: if the Rockies can bolster that pitching staff they’re going to be a sexy choice in the NL West next season.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)