Nov 9, 2010, 8:30 AM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that the Rockies are shopping for starting pitching, with Jake Westbrook, Jon Garland and Hiroki Kuroda on the shopping list. Worth remembering that they have their own free agent — Jorge De La Rosa — to consider as well.
It’s been a while since the Rockies made a splash on the free agent pitching market. Denny Neagle and Mike Hampton were a long time ago. With nice offense, nice defense and a humidor behind them, has the notion that pitchers want no part of Coors Field a thing of the past? I guess we’ll see.
But I know this much: if the Rockies can bolster that pitching staff they’re going to be a sexy choice in the NL West next season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy