Nov 10, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Everyone is focused on the Cliff Lees and Carl Crawfords of the world, and rightfully so, but hundreds of minor leaguers recently became free agents after their teams declined to add them to the 40-man roster following six professional seasons.
Collecting all those names is a lot harder than rounding up all the big-league free agents, but Matt Eddy of Baseball America did the dirty work and has compiled a list of minor leaguers hitting the open market, broken down by team.
Tons of former top prospects, one-time big leaguers, and random “hey, I remember those guys” on the list, including one of the biggest prospect busts of the past decade.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)