Nov 10, 2010, 2:45 PM EDT
Everyone is focused on the Cliff Lees and Carl Crawfords of the world, and rightfully so, but hundreds of minor leaguers recently became free agents after their teams declined to add them to the 40-man roster following six professional seasons.
Collecting all those names is a lot harder than rounding up all the big-league free agents, but Matt Eddy of Baseball America did the dirty work and has compiled a list of minor leaguers hitting the open market, broken down by team.
Tons of former top prospects, one-time big leaguers, and random “hey, I remember those guys” on the list, including one of the biggest prospect busts of the past decade.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 55
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 5
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)