Nov 10, 2010, 2:45 PM EST
Everyone is focused on the Cliff Lees and Carl Crawfords of the world, and rightfully so, but hundreds of minor leaguers recently became free agents after their teams declined to add them to the 40-man roster following six professional seasons.
Collecting all those names is a lot harder than rounding up all the big-league free agents, but Matt Eddy of Baseball America did the dirty work and has compiled a list of minor leaguers hitting the open market, broken down by team.
Tons of former top prospects, one-time big leaguers, and random “hey, I remember those guys” on the list, including one of the biggest prospect busts of the past decade.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 118
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 260
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (118)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)