Nov 10, 2010, 12:30 PM EDT
Edgar Renteria just doin’ what Edgar Renteria does:
World Series MVP Edgar Renteria has asked that a celebration in his honor be called off in his home country, with the money donated to Colombia flood victims . . . Renteria says there are “more important things back home” and it’s critical to tend to the needs of those left homeless by the recent flooding.
As I sit here today, I can’t think of a single bad thing I’ve ever seen written or heard said about Edgar Renteria the man. His teammates love him, by all accounts. Writers who research him learn almost uniformly good things. I mean, I’m sure he’s done something he’s not proud of in his life because the guy’s human, but I get the distinct feeling that Edgar Renteria on a bad day is better than most of us on our good ones.
And while we’re on the subject, this post-series story about Renteria by Amy K. Nelson of ESPN is worth a read if you missed it last week.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)