Nov 10, 2010, 8:25 AM EST
The reason? Torn meniscus. Not a biggie, of course, but also not the sort of thing that will help him in his efforts to avoid being moved to the DH slot to make way for Jesus Montero.
And it seems that, despite the efforts of some to set this up as a showdown, Posada is fairly cool with that:
“Cashman told Posada that he should come in preparing to catch, but they are going to give Montero a real shot,” the person said. “And Cashman said that Posada should prepare to D.H. a lot” . . . “Posada said great and he was willing to do it . . . He was happy to know what the situation is.”
So there doesn’t appear to be much controversy, and unless Montero just face plants next spring, Posada will likely be the team’s DH.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40