Nov 10, 2010, 11:49 AM EDT
Normally bench coach news isn’t one of our focuses, but since Joe Maddon and Ron Roenicke both landed manager gigs after serving as Mike Scioscia’s right-hand man it seems worth noting that Rob Picciolo has been named the new Angels bench coach.
Picciolo has served as the Angels’ “roving infield instructor” for the past five years and before that was a coach in the Padres’ organization for 16 seasons, so he’s definitely long on experience.
Randy Youngman of the Orange County Register reports that Roenicke wanted Picciolo to come with him to Milwaukee, but it’s tough to blame him for wanting to see if he can make it three in a row for the Angels bench coach-to-manager progression.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 32
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 123
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)