Nov 10, 2010, 5:02 PM EST
That’s what Troy Renck tweets — that the Nationals and Dodgers “have some interest” in Brandon Webb — and it’s about all we have on the matter.
As we’ve said before, Webb would be a risk, but not a terrible one at a low salary. If he’s healthy he could be a pretty good starter again. It’s just that there’s nothing suggesting that he’s going to be ready for spring training at present. The Nats — with a lowish payroll and not a big shot at competing next year — should probably take risks like that. The Dodgers — big revenue and a good core of players — normally wouldn’t be in that category. But I guess that’s life with the McCourts.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)