Nov 10, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
That’s what Troy Renck tweets — that the Nationals and Dodgers “have some interest” in Brandon Webb — and it’s about all we have on the matter.
As we’ve said before, Webb would be a risk, but not a terrible one at a low salary. If he’s healthy he could be a pretty good starter again. It’s just that there’s nothing suggesting that he’s going to be ready for spring training at present. The Nats — with a lowish payroll and not a big shot at competing next year — should probably take risks like that. The Dodgers — big revenue and a good core of players — normally wouldn’t be in that category. But I guess that’s life with the McCourts.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)