Nov 10, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
That’s what Troy Renck tweets — that the Nationals and Dodgers “have some interest” in Brandon Webb — and it’s about all we have on the matter.
As we’ve said before, Webb would be a risk, but not a terrible one at a low salary. If he’s healthy he could be a pretty good starter again. It’s just that there’s nothing suggesting that he’s going to be ready for spring training at present. The Nats — with a lowish payroll and not a big shot at competing next year — should probably take risks like that. The Dodgers — big revenue and a good core of players — normally wouldn’t be in that category. But I guess that’s life with the McCourts.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)