Nov 10, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
That’s what Troy Renck tweets — that the Nationals and Dodgers “have some interest” in Brandon Webb — and it’s about all we have on the matter.
As we’ve said before, Webb would be a risk, but not a terrible one at a low salary. If he’s healthy he could be a pretty good starter again. It’s just that there’s nothing suggesting that he’s going to be ready for spring training at present. The Nats — with a lowish payroll and not a big shot at competing next year — should probably take risks like that. The Dodgers — big revenue and a good core of players — normally wouldn’t be in that category. But I guess that’s life with the McCourts.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness