Nov 10, 2010, 5:02 PM EDT
That’s what Troy Renck tweets — that the Nationals and Dodgers “have some interest” in Brandon Webb — and it’s about all we have on the matter.
As we’ve said before, Webb would be a risk, but not a terrible one at a low salary. If he’s healthy he could be a pretty good starter again. It’s just that there’s nothing suggesting that he’s going to be ready for spring training at present. The Nats — with a lowish payroll and not a big shot at competing next year — should probably take risks like that. The Dodgers — big revenue and a good core of players — normally wouldn’t be in that category. But I guess that’s life with the McCourts.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 5
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 25
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)