Nov 11, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Super-agent Scott Boras is making wild claims about one of his free agent clients. Crazy, right?
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, Boras told MLB Network Radio on Thursday afternoon that he has “never seen more interest in a player” than what he’s experiencing this fall with free agent third baseman Adrian Beltre.
There’s probably some truth to that. Beltre went on a tear in 2010, batting .321/.365/.553 with 28 home runs and 102 RBI for the Red Sox while playing his typical brand of stellar defense at the hot corner. Productive third basemen are hard to come by and Beltre should be able to pick from several different offers this winter.
The Red Sox are expected to attempt to re-sign him and the Angels have been linked loosely in the early stages of the hot stove season.
The Blue Jays, Tigers, Mariners and A’s are likely to at least stay tuned into negotiations.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)