Nov 11, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Super-agent Scott Boras is making wild claims about one of his free agent clients. Crazy, right?
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, Boras told MLB Network Radio on Thursday afternoon that he has “never seen more interest in a player” than what he’s experiencing this fall with free agent third baseman Adrian Beltre.
There’s probably some truth to that. Beltre went on a tear in 2010, batting .321/.365/.553 with 28 home runs and 102 RBI for the Red Sox while playing his typical brand of stellar defense at the hot corner. Productive third basemen are hard to come by and Beltre should be able to pick from several different offers this winter.
The Red Sox are expected to attempt to re-sign him and the Angels have been linked loosely in the early stages of the hot stove season.
The Blue Jays, Tigers, Mariners and A’s are likely to at least stay tuned into negotiations.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (157)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)