Nov 11, 2010, 6:51 PM EDT
Super-agent Scott Boras is making wild claims about one of his free agent clients. Crazy, right?
According to Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe, Boras told MLB Network Radio on Thursday afternoon that he has “never seen more interest in a player” than what he’s experiencing this fall with free agent third baseman Adrian Beltre.
There’s probably some truth to that. Beltre went on a tear in 2010, batting .321/.365/.553 with 28 home runs and 102 RBI for the Red Sox while playing his typical brand of stellar defense at the hot corner. Productive third basemen are hard to come by and Beltre should be able to pick from several different offers this winter.
The Red Sox are expected to attempt to re-sign him and the Angels have been linked loosely in the early stages of the hot stove season.
The Blue Jays, Tigers, Mariners and A’s are likely to at least stay tuned into negotiations.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)