Nov 11, 2010, 3:00 PM EDT
Best: Minor variations aside, the Diamondbacks have only really had two uniforms. The current one and the old one. The current one is not what I’d consider the Platonic ideal of baseball style, but as you’ll see in a second, I believe it to be the superior look.
Worst: Incorporating teal, purple, black, pinstripes and vests, the original Diamondbacks’ outfits were the perfect storm of marketing douchebaggery. I said something about the Pirates and A’s yesterday, but what the Dbacks wore between 1998 and 2006 are almost certainly the worst thing every worn by a Major League team. Horrifyingly bad with no redeeming factors whatsoever, save maybe the fact that, once every five days, you got to see Randy Johnson in his prime pitching in them. Otherwise I almost want to vomit they’re so terrible.
Assessment: The Diamondbacks should hire all of the hard-copy photo doctoring experts who managed to survive the Stalin regime and get them to subtly alter all pictures of the 2001 championship season so that no historical evidence exists of that awful, awful look. Once that’s done, maybe they can improve upon what they’re currently wearing. I like the little rattlesnake D and the color scheme, but perhaps they can unblock and unbunch the letters a bit.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)