Nov 11, 2010, 1:00 PM EST
Worst: This look was . . . special. Overall, though, I’m not enamoured with the Rockies’ uniforms and never have been. Their color scheme is clearly the result of an early 90s fixation with black which followed the marketing success of Los Angeles Raiders hats and the like. The purple accents are of that time too, though we’ll cut the Rockies a bit of slack due to the mountains’ majesty and all of that. I can’t help but think that they’d do something different if they were launched in 2003 instead of 1993, and I can’t look at them without thinking of David Nied and Color Me Badd and every other creative and competitive dead end that was popular for a brief time when I was a sophomore in college.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)