Nov 12, 2010, 3:18 PM EDT
In reporting on ESPN removing Joe Morgan and Jon Miller from the “Sunday Night Baseball” booth after two decades Richard Sandomir of the New York Times wrote that Dan Shulman was likely to replace Miller as the play-by-play announcer.
SI.com media writer Richard Deitsch just tweeted that the move to Shulman is now all but official, although there’s no word yet on the speculation about Miller being asked to remain with ESPN as a radio announcer.
Orel Hershiser is expected to replace Morgan as the lead analyst and it’s possible that ESPN could look to keep a three-man booth that it had for the past two seasons, but reading between the lines it seems like the expanded booth was done mostly to provide an alternative voice to Morgan and isn’t likely to continue.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)