Nov 12, 2010, 3:18 PM EST
In reporting on ESPN removing Joe Morgan and Jon Miller from the “Sunday Night Baseball” booth after two decades Richard Sandomir of the New York Times wrote that Dan Shulman was likely to replace Miller as the play-by-play announcer.
SI.com media writer Richard Deitsch just tweeted that the move to Shulman is now all but official, although there’s no word yet on the speculation about Miller being asked to remain with ESPN as a radio announcer.
Orel Hershiser is expected to replace Morgan as the lead analyst and it’s possible that ESPN could look to keep a three-man booth that it had for the past two seasons, but reading between the lines it seems like the expanded booth was done mostly to provide an alternative voice to Morgan and isn’t likely to continue.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (123)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)