Nov 12, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: My bad. The quote about In-N-Out came from Spencer Dallin, the team’s Assistant to the equipment manager. The strength coach is Jim Malone, mentioned earlier in the article. Apologies. Both for misreading the story, and for rendering moot a perfectly good Pablo Sandoval joke.
Story on MLB.com about how a couple of Padres’ employees were on that Carnival Cruise ship that got stranded off the coast of Mexico earlier this week. One of them was the team’s strength and conditioning coach, who said he held up fine under the ordeal. Then he got back to shore:
Dallin’s first stop once he arrived in San Diego on Thursday was to In-N-Out Burger, where hot-dog sandwiches aren’t on the menu. “I had two double-doubles [hamburgers], fries and a milkshake,” he said. “I wasn’t able to finish the second double-double. My stomach wasn’t ready for that yet.”
In other news, Pablo Sandoval has demanded that he be traded to the Padres immediately.
- Watch Live: Red Wings at Blackhawks
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- LIVE: Third round of the HP Byron Nelson Championship
- LIVE: Day 1 of Indy 500 Qualifying
- LIVE: Action from Hangtown Motocross Classic
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators