Nov 12, 2010, 4:07 PM EDT
UPDATE: My bad. The quote about In-N-Out came from Spencer Dallin, the team’s Assistant to the equipment manager. The strength coach is Jim Malone, mentioned earlier in the article. Apologies. Both for misreading the story, and for rendering moot a perfectly good Pablo Sandoval joke.
Story on MLB.com about how a couple of Padres’ employees were on that Carnival Cruise ship that got stranded off the coast of Mexico earlier this week. One of them was the team’s strength and conditioning coach, who said he held up fine under the ordeal. Then he got back to shore:
Dallin’s first stop once he arrived in San Diego on Thursday was to In-N-Out Burger, where hot-dog sandwiches aren’t on the menu. “I had two double-doubles [hamburgers], fries and a milkshake,” he said. “I wasn’t able to finish the second double-double. My stomach wasn’t ready for that yet.”
In other news, Pablo Sandoval has demanded that he be traded to the Padres immediately.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)