Nov 12, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Baseball may not be the true National Pastime anymore, but it’s still pretty darn popular. And it’s certainly universal enough to where every team has a celebrity fan or two. This can be a weird thing to think about. I mean, it’s hard to get my brain around the fact that, on any given night, there’s a decent chance that Jimmy Carter, Jeff Foxworthy, Petey Pablo and I are all tuned into a Braves game complaining about the same things. I’m sure your team has some funky famous fans too.
The Brewers sure do. Kato Kaelin! Who was interviewed by the Hall of Very Good blog about baseball and his love of the Brewers. Seems that Kato used to pitch. He said he threw a knuckle curve and was “the right-handed Ron Guidry.” He also thinks the Brewers should trade for Tim Lincecum. OK, then.
(hat tip to lar, who always finds the best stuff).
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 26
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 26
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 43
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)