Nov 12, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Baseball may not be the true National Pastime anymore, but it’s still pretty darn popular. And it’s certainly universal enough to where every team has a celebrity fan or two. This can be a weird thing to think about. I mean, it’s hard to get my brain around the fact that, on any given night, there’s a decent chance that Jimmy Carter, Jeff Foxworthy, Petey Pablo and I are all tuned into a Braves game complaining about the same things. I’m sure your team has some funky famous fans too.
The Brewers sure do. Kato Kaelin! Who was interviewed by the Hall of Very Good blog about baseball and his love of the Brewers. Seems that Kato used to pitch. He said he threw a knuckle curve and was “the right-handed Ron Guidry.” He also thinks the Brewers should trade for Tim Lincecum. OK, then.
(hat tip to lar, who always finds the best stuff).
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)