Nov 12, 2010, 11:30 AM EDT
Baseball may not be the true National Pastime anymore, but it’s still pretty darn popular. And it’s certainly universal enough to where every team has a celebrity fan or two. This can be a weird thing to think about. I mean, it’s hard to get my brain around the fact that, on any given night, there’s a decent chance that Jimmy Carter, Jeff Foxworthy, Petey Pablo and I are all tuned into a Braves game complaining about the same things. I’m sure your team has some funky famous fans too.
The Brewers sure do. Kato Kaelin! Who was interviewed by the Hall of Very Good blog about baseball and his love of the Brewers. Seems that Kato used to pitch. He said he threw a knuckle curve and was “the right-handed Ron Guidry.” He also thinks the Brewers should trade for Tim Lincecum. OK, then.
(hat tip to lar, who always finds the best stuff).
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)