Nov 12, 2010, 11:30 AM EST
Baseball may not be the true National Pastime anymore, but it’s still pretty darn popular. And it’s certainly universal enough to where every team has a celebrity fan or two. This can be a weird thing to think about. I mean, it’s hard to get my brain around the fact that, on any given night, there’s a decent chance that Jimmy Carter, Jeff Foxworthy, Petey Pablo and I are all tuned into a Braves game complaining about the same things. I’m sure your team has some funky famous fans too.
The Brewers sure do. Kato Kaelin! Who was interviewed by the Hall of Very Good blog about baseball and his love of the Brewers. Seems that Kato used to pitch. He said he threw a knuckle curve and was “the right-handed Ron Guidry.” He also thinks the Brewers should trade for Tim Lincecum. OK, then.
(hat tip to lar, who always finds the best stuff).
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 21
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (155)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)