Nov 12, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
In addition to teams calling the Royals about Zack Greinke’s availability Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Alex Gordon is generating some interest in as well. However, according to Dutton the Royals aren’t “willing to dump him for little in return.”
Gordon is a former college player of the year and No. 2 overall pick, but he’s 27 years old and has mostly been a bust. Beyond that the Royals demoted him to the minors this season and only recalled him after he absolutely destroyed Triple-A pitching for two months, making it seem like he was no longer in their plans.
However, general manager Dayton Moore indicated late in the season that they were still likely to hold onto Gordon for at least one more year. And that makes sense, because the Royals aren’t going to get anything significant in return for him at this point anyway and with another rebuilding year on the horizon are certainly in a position to let him sink or swim in 2011.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)