Nov 12, 2010, 12:15 PM EDT
In addition to teams calling the Royals about Zack Greinke’s availability Bob Dutton of the Kansas City Star reports that Alex Gordon is generating some interest in as well. However, according to Dutton the Royals aren’t “willing to dump him for little in return.”
Gordon is a former college player of the year and No. 2 overall pick, but he’s 27 years old and has mostly been a bust. Beyond that the Royals demoted him to the minors this season and only recalled him after he absolutely destroyed Triple-A pitching for two months, making it seem like he was no longer in their plans.
However, general manager Dayton Moore indicated late in the season that they were still likely to hold onto Gordon for at least one more year. And that makes sense, because the Royals aren’t going to get anything significant in return for him at this point anyway and with another rebuilding year on the horizon are certainly in a position to let him sink or swim in 2011.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP