Nov 13, 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
Here’s David Wright, as quoted by Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, when asked if he was rooting for his former teammate Jeff Francoeur in the World Series:
“I really was. I was rooting for him. I think he finds a way to get in the camera shot. He’s everywhere. He didn’t play all that much, but he was in every camera shot.”
Burn and burn. Nicely played, David.
By the way, I recommend checking out the entire interview for some more interesting Mets-related tidbits. Wright addresses Citi Field and the Carlos Beltran situation in Part 1 and the loss of Hisanori Takahashi, Charlie Samuels’ legal situation and the future of Jose Reyes in Part 2.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8