Nov 13, 2010, 5:01 PM EST
Here’s David Wright, as quoted by Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, when asked if he was rooting for his former teammate Jeff Francoeur in the World Series:
“I really was. I was rooting for him. I think he finds a way to get in the camera shot. He’s everywhere. He didn’t play all that much, but he was in every camera shot.”
Burn and burn. Nicely played, David.
By the way, I recommend checking out the entire interview for some more interesting Mets-related tidbits. Wright addresses Citi Field and the Carlos Beltran situation in Part 1 and the loss of Hisanori Takahashi, Charlie Samuels’ legal situation and the future of Jose Reyes in Part 2.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)