Nov 13, 2010, 5:01 PM EDT
Here’s David Wright, as quoted by Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, when asked if he was rooting for his former teammate Jeff Francoeur in the World Series:
“I really was. I was rooting for him. I think he finds a way to get in the camera shot. He’s everywhere. He didn’t play all that much, but he was in every camera shot.”
Burn and burn. Nicely played, David.
By the way, I recommend checking out the entire interview for some more interesting Mets-related tidbits. Wright addresses Citi Field and the Carlos Beltran situation in Part 1 and the loss of Hisanori Takahashi, Charlie Samuels’ legal situation and the future of Jose Reyes in Part 2.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 1
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 82
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 7
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 21
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 45
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (117)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)