Nov 13, 2010, 5:01 PM EST
Here’s David Wright, as quoted by Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, when asked if he was rooting for his former teammate Jeff Francoeur in the World Series:
“I really was. I was rooting for him. I think he finds a way to get in the camera shot. He’s everywhere. He didn’t play all that much, but he was in every camera shot.”
Burn and burn. Nicely played, David.
By the way, I recommend checking out the entire interview for some more interesting Mets-related tidbits. Wright addresses Citi Field and the Carlos Beltran situation in Part 1 and the loss of Hisanori Takahashi, Charlie Samuels’ legal situation and the future of Jose Reyes in Part 2.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)